The bonus posting of this hilarious photo of an angry cat looking through a window is in celebration of something exciting! I have been tagged for the Liebster Award – designed to celebrate and help you discover new blogs.
So, thank you to Anna, from Cut the Kitsch for tagging me! Go and check out her gorgeous photos and great recommendations for things to do in Spain.
The rules of the Liebster Award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Here are my 11 random facts:
- Until a year ago, I couldn’t roll my ‘r’s, as required for many Spanish words, such as ‘perro’. After years of frustrated practice, I randomly taught myself how to do it, and I have no idea how.
- I competed in the European Angry Birds Championship as part of the Spanish team.
- According to my orthodontist, I will never get wisdom teeth.
- I have always wanted a pet ferret, but I think the dream is better than the reality.
- I love pickled ginger, and regularly eat an entire container when I go for sushi.
- No one can ever spell (or in Spain, pronounce) my name – two z’s, two i’s!
- I have dual English/American nationality, and two passports, but I have always lived in England.
- As a small child, I decided I wanted to name my future daughter Puckadora, no doubt inspired by a Midsummer’s Nights Dream. Needless to say, I have since reconsidered this decision.
- My body has expensive tastes – cheap makeup and metals bring me out in a rash.
- I was born on the exact day the Berlin Wall came down – 9th November 1989.
- I know the film ‘Moulin Rouge’ off by heart.
And now, Anna’s questions!
- If money wasn’t a question, what would you do? I would travel around Europe, and then go on a coast to coast road trip across America.
- Who inspires you the most? As cliche as it sounds, my friends and family always inspire me to stick to what I believe in, and make the most of life.
- What’s your drink to order at a bar? I love red wine, especially Ribera, but nothing beats an icy cold caña in the summer.
- If you could move somewhere new tomorrow, where would you go? Why? Difficult! It’s hard enough trying to organise a life between England and Spain, let alone adding another country into the mix! I would love to get my French back up to a decent level, but I’m not ‘in love’ with France, so maybe Quebec or Montreal.
- Name something off your “bucketlist.” You know you have at least one. I really want to go to Iceland and go swimming in a volcanic pool. Or visit the snow monkeys in Japan, who swim in the volcanic pools. Basically anything that involves a volcanic pool.
- What is your favorite part of living where you are? I love the slower pace of life in Spain, I feel like I have time to smell the roses. Ironically, I also love the vibrancy and bustle of Madrid – there are always new things to do and discover.
- What’s your 2013 travel fantasy? There are so many countries along the Mediterranean that I want to visit. I would start in Nice, travel along the coast to Italy, eat my way through Italy and down the Baltic Coast before ending up in Greece. All on scooter!
- What’s your mantra of life? Little by little, karma will get you, and if you don’t like something, change it.
- What terrifies you the most? My biggest phobias are vomit and cockroaches. In a more general sense, losing the people I love and being unable to achieve my goals.
- For all those Spain bloggers, what’s your favorite place in Spain? Why? Or, if you haven’t been, where would you most like to go? So hard! Almeria and Jaen have a wild, unspoilt beauty that is hard to contend with. For culture and spirit, Granada and Cordoba have something magical about them.
- What would you choose as your last meal? My dad’s roast chicken or my body weight in sushi.
And here are the 11 bloggers I extend this award to:
- Slightly Nomadic
- Musings From Madrid
- Pimiento en Grano
- The hat of the mad
- A Texan in Spain
- Name a place with Grace
- Ron Scubadiver’s Wild Life
- Los Viajes of an American
- 1 año, 365 fotos
- Estrella Explores
- Pankcho Photo
Here are my questions for you:
- What is the best thing to do in your home town?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or in a group?
- Tell me some words of wisdom that mean something to you.
- What are your favourite and least favourite Spanish dishes?
- What are your 3 most treasured possessions?
- What do you normally eat for breakfast?
- What is the funniest language barrier problem you have encountered?
- Which do you prefer – travelling in the winter or the summer?
- What stereotypes do people have about your country? Are they true?
- If you had the opportunity to travel around the world, which countries would you visit?
- For the Spanish bloggers – what are Spain’s best kept secret locations?
Thanks again to Anna, and looking forward to reading your answers!